Dec 2015 Nannup to Boyanup, then ride to Bunbury

29"er dual suspension with back pack

Ron invited me for a drive to help him do a bit of track maintenance on Map 5 in Dec 2015. I thought I would use his lift down to ride back to Bunbury, overnighting at Jarrahwood. My plan was originally to ride from the One Tree Bridge to Jarrahwood (85km) on Saturday arvo. But the weather forecast was pretty poor - thunderstorms and 40 or 50mm of rain. So I changed my plans to start at Nannup, which meant I only had 27km to ride.

We left early on Saturday morning and drove down to Manjimup in a few showers. We grabbed some lunch and headed to the campsite. The section of Trail Ron is responsible for covered the Karta Burnu hut and a couple of kilometres on both sides of it. Going into the hut, the Trail was drivable in the car and was already pretty clear. The other side of the hut is the series of switchbacks off the hill, so something we definitely had to walk. We were mainly trying to clear face-slapping bushes, spoke-snapping sticks, but most importantly any sharp branches poking into the Trail. It was a beautiful spot to work, zig zagging off the hill under the karri trees.

After a couple of hours of track maintenance we had some lunch at hut. We then drove to see the new One Tree suspension bridge on Graphite Road, and stopped to look around. Ron dropped me at Nannup at 5pm, and I got away on the Munda Biddi, which is also the Sidings Trail. This old railway line to Jarrahwood is flat and straight, which makes it a fast, easy ride. I took a bit of video and lots of photos on the way, so I was in Jarrahwood at 7.30pm.

I went straight to the hut, and it was already occupied by a couple of cyclists with a baby! They were on their seventh day on the Trail. It was getting dark, so I went and grabbed the key for the Community House, and went for a shower. The house was very clean, and ideal for me as I was travelling very light (no sleeping bag, mat etc). I had beef jerky and snack bars for dinner as there are no facilities in Jarrahwood.

Overnight it poured! Even when I was up at 5 am, it was raining. It had stopped by the time I left at 6am, but it did drizzle bit. But it was the positively drenched bushes hanging over the Trail that soaked me to my skin. It was not cold and the rain firmed up some of the sandier sections. I was at Vernon Road at 8.30am. Last time I did this section, Lidel Rd was closed due to logging, and I had to ride Vernon Rd, which was hilly and corrugated. Lidel Rd was so much nicer, although the last couple of km on single track was abit meandering and slow. I then rode the 4.5 km on the road, then the last 12km into Donnybrook.

Donnybrook on a wet Sunday morning was quiet, but the bakery was open and I enjoyed a pie and iced coffee. The bike was too filthy to take on the train so I washed off the dirt and cleaned the chain. I left about 10 and followed the highway North to join the Trail a couple of km away. I then rode the Trail to Boyanup along the quiet back roads, another 10km on. The last section into Bunbury was on the highway, but there is a 1 metre wide sealed shoulder and I felt safe enough.The breeze was coming slightly behind me, so I was cruising at about 25km/hr. As a result, I covered the 38 km Donnybrook-Bunbury ride in less than 2 hours. I was two hours early for the train, because I had allowed plenty of time for slow sections, breakdowns etc. I cleaned up, went and had some lunch, and was at the train station by 2pm. The train loaded quickly and we were under way by 2.45pm. The train is spacious and smooth, and I enjoyed the trip. The buffet even sold beers, so a couple of those along with some music from my phone, kept the journey pleasant. The train arrived in Perth on time at 5.15pm, and by 5.45 pm I was having a hot shower at home. What a great mini adventure weekend!

Oct 2015 Collie To Logue Brook Dam

Softtail, Overnighter

This was an easy ride with my wife, who was going to experience her first overnighter at a Munda Biddi Hut. She has not had a lot of MTB experience and she was riding a comfort bike, which is an upright type of mountain bike. However, map 3 is ideal as it is mainly old form and the hills are not excessively steep or rough. There would be no diversions in place - Stromlo Rd was reopened after logging and Gastaldo Road had been closed for a prescribed burn in Oct, but was now reopened.

We got an early start and we were in Collie by 11 am on Saturday. We had some lunch and I was on the way by 12 noon. I was riding the first section by myself as I recalled the first 20 km were on the road or full of pea gravel. However, it was not as bad as I remember - maybe it was because I had a 29" bike this time, and I was travelling without luggage. The road section didn't seem to last too long and and I made pretty good time on the gravel. It is nearly all old form once you turn off Harris River Rd at the 6 km mark. I was at "Collie 3 Ways" at 1.45pm, even with all my video and photo stops. The section around Hamilton Form had just been burnt off, so the ride down from Mornington Road was very different from usual - some areas were unburnt, other sections had the leaf litter burnt, the tree bark blacked and the leaves slightly singed. But some areas along Hamilton Form were completely burnt out by a fierce, hot fire. But this section went by very quickly, and I was soon at Gastaldo Rd, where my wife joined for the last 15 km to the hut.

This section was very nice. She didn't like the challenging section (fortunately we came down it not up it), as it was still bit rough and steep for her. However the rest was fabulous - good form with gentle slopes and beautiful scenery. Zephyr Rd in particular was superb - it became more overcast so the light was even, so the video looks great.

We got to Yarri hut about 4.30 pm. There was one rider there already, but he was camping in the camping area nearby. The riders log had about about 126 entries over the last 12 months (7 pages with 18 lines per page), which is a very low number. It was a bit overcast, and that kept the night temperature up to about 12 or 14 degrees. We had good comfortable mattresses, warm sleeping bags, plenty of food and a bottle of red. We were tucked up in bed just after 9.30pm.

We were up for the dawn chorus at 5.30am - I recorded it and used it as the sound track for the video. We had breakfast and packed up and we were on the trail at 7.30am. The trail was more of the same as yesterday - lots of old form, reasonable hills, good surfaces and pleasant weather. We found an old small water tank and steel container with name "Fremantle" etched on the side next to a form. At the Harvey Quindanning Road was an old truck chassis and part of it's body. Near the Yarri hut I found some old rail nails, and kept one as a souvenir.

I diverted into Logue Brook Dam off the Trail. I didn't use the track shown on the map, but the one before. This meant about 1200m on Logue Brook Dam road instead of 100m, but I know my short cut works as I had used it before.

We got to Logue Brook Dam at 12 noon. We loaded up the bikes, cleaned up and had a well deserved all day breakfast at the cafe. We were home in Perth by 4pm

My wife performed really well. She got more confident as she went along, and the bike was a good option for her skill level and lack of luggage. She was tired by the end ( she rode 70 km from lunchtime on Saturday to lunchtime on Sunday) but really pleased with her fitness. She loved the spring flowers and the constantly changing scenery, from the white gums, to jarrah, to banksias, and she oaks. I hope the video shows what it was like. If she can do it, what is stopping you?

Sept 2015 Dandalup Hut to Jarrahdale:

Softtail, Day Ride

The weather forecast was good so I took a day off from work for a ride. I got a lift to Dandalup Dam and was there about 9.45am. I rode into the hut, then at 10am started the ride. 35 riders had been through over the last 4 months, of which 8 were from outside WA. That's 23% (don't start telling me my sample size is small - you get the idea), a figure that surprises me. The weather was perfect - not a cloud in the sky and 21 degrees.

I rode the touring route this time. This tends to be uphill then downhill, whereas the standard route is an undulating series of short steep hills that is OK to ride when unloaded, but tough when with panniers or a trailer.

I missed the Dirk Brook bridge and 100m of Trail, even though I was looking for it. There was a sign on Scarp Rd, so maybe the Trail bypasses it (I didn't stop) as it was always chopped up by motorbikes in the past. However it is a nice little spot to stop.

I found a few red tailed black cockatoo feathers on the track, which I stuck into the nearby Munda Biddi trail sign. I hope it looks ok - this is the limit of my artistic flair.

Karnet Brook was beautiful as usual. Just as I was about to stop to get some photos, some trail runners ran passed. I could ride through the ankle deep water, whereas they were going to get wet feet.

Soon after, I met two riders from NSW (more Eastern States riders!) near Scarp Rd. They were riding Mundaring to Albany. I spent a very pleasant 20 mins or so chatting with them. They promised to send me some photos and some feedback on the Trail when they got home.

There were a few gravelly sections, and I imagine they will be worse in Summer when it dries out. But it didn't last too long.

The ride out of Serpentine Valley to Jarrahdale was not as bad as I remember it. The Trail weaves across Scarp Rd several times as it zig zags up the hill. It is most is rideable (without luggage), but I certainly was pushing some sections. Scarp Rd is more solid, and a steady climb, but because it is boring it seems longer!

I got to Jarrahdale about 2pm and had a quick sandwich and drink at the cafe. It was busy with motorcyclists, and people enjoying the mild weather. I then rode to Byford via Nettleton Rd. It wasn't too bad - it started heading downhill after about 12 km. I rode through Byford, but parts of the old form into Armadale were being dug up to take a big water main, so it was little harder than last time. But I was soon at the Armadale train station and home within the hour.

August 2015 Carinyah hut to Mundaring:

What a great day for riding! The weather was forecast 26 degrees, and it is supposed to be Winter! I got dropped at the Carinyah Trail car park and planned to ride to Carinyah hut and on to Mundaring. This ride soon reminded me that Map 1 has the best and worst of the Munda Biddi. The best is the peaceful old rail trails and some of the views around Helena River. The worst was the pea gravel, the steep rough hills around Helena Valley and the rubbish dumped along the Trail (it is close to the City). But Map 1 is close to home, and so much nicer to be in the bush rather than in the office.

I left Carinyah hut at about 9.20am and was obviously the only one around. This section is not as scenic as other areas, so I didn't stop for many photos or video. I was soon riding into Pickering Brook on the quiet country roads, before heading into the bush again. Now there was a few more cyclists about, including a guy on a racing bike who tore passed me - I was surprised. Obviously he was practicing for cyclo cross, but I don't know why you want to ride road bikes on the dirt. As I joined the Kalamunda MTB circuit near The Dell the Trail was packed - there was a MTB event on and the riders were using the Munda Biddi to get up to their start point. It was great to see the Trail busy. The Dell was busy as well. The ride down into the Helena River is a tougher section of the Munda Biddi, even with gravity and no luggage assisting me.

After getting to the Helena River and riding between it and the pipeline for a couple of kilometres, it was time to join the sealed road and ride to the Mundaring Weir hotel. The pub was packed with everyone enjoying the winter weather - motorbikes, families, road & MTB cyclists, walkers - the lot! By now it was pretty warm, and I was feeling below average ( I hadn't been 100% for the last few days) so I called for a pick up in Mundaring rather than ride the Railway Heritage Trail to the train in Midland.

The last crawl up from the Mundaring Weir hotel to Mundaring was tough. My flu like symptoms had got worse, so it was a case of dial in a steady easy speed and spin up the slope. The lift home was appreciated, as was a quiet afternoon off with 2 disprin and a lie down!

July 2015 Jarrahdale To Carinyah hut:

Another cold morning - it was 2 degrees at just before 8 am in Jarrahdale. I waited for the cafe to open at 8 and had a quick coffee and was on the Trail by 8.15am. The ride to Balmoral is all pretty flat and often on old form, so it did take awhile for me to warm up. Also warming up was a big mob of kangaroos in a paddock near town, and 6 or 7 emus that crossed the Trail in front of me.

Once I was on the form into Balmoral, I noticed a train loading ramp made out of logs and earth. It was not a huge find, but a nice piece of rail history. There was also a blaze tree on the opposite side of the track.

I met two English cyclists who were riding all the way to Albany. They said there was ice at Wungong hut this morning and they had been very cold. They were riding touring bikes with fairly smooth tyres, front and rear panniers and drop handle bars, which is a set up I would not use. They had already had one "off" but I assured them it would get better after Dwellingup.

I had a quick stop in Balmoral, mainly for a snack bar and to get some video. The ride from Balmoral to Wungong hut is mainly gravel roads, and fairly flat. On the big hill of the ride I did get phone service. Coming into Wungong hut, I saw a couple of groups of 4 or 5 riders- they had obviously been dropped at Albany Highway and we're getting picked up in Jarrahdale. The hut was empty when I got there. There was a diversion notice at the hut dated March 2015 but there was no diversion listed on the DPaW website and the Trail followed the usual route. Again, I had a quick break, then it was on to Carinyah hut. My bike computer was 60m difference from the GPS after 27 km - a very accurate figure.

Coming out of the hut I encountered the first two motorcyclists of the day. Being school holidays, a fine sunny Saturday and being close to the city, the Trail was busy with lots of 4WDs, motorbike, quad bike and cyclists. I crossed Albany Highway, then tracked the correct route I missed last time I rode here. The point where I took the wrong turn is still unmarked, but now I have the right turn for my RSS.

The ride from Albany highway to Brookton highway is more on old form, but is mainly uphill. Unloaded it was ok- just a steep walk. I spotted a really huge jarrah tree- see it in the video. And I also saw some Darling Range ghost gums, which are relatively rare. I saw another pair of cyclists on a day ride.The last section to Brookton highway was littered with household rubbish, asbestos, wrecked cars etc- not really pretty.

Soon after crossing the highway I joined the Carinyah Circuit. I saw a couple of cyclists there as well, but quite a few motorbikes, including inside the gated section by the hut . And I could hear plenty of others nearby. I think that this section is close to Perth and hence a lot of motorbikes and rubbish ended up here.

I was at the hut when a group of 6 or so guys turned up who were doing an overnighter from Mundaring. I left them to settle in then rode back to the Carinyah circuit car park. I turned on the Brookton highway towards Perth and was at Karragullen in a few km or so. It was the 10 km mark from the hut when the downhill off the Scarp started. I hit speeds of nearly 60 km/hr with out trying! I was surprised how many big 4WD with motorbikes & quads went passed me. I stopped at a cafe near the bottom of the hill for an iced coffee and muffin, and was on the train home about 30 mins later. I then had a 15 minute ride to my house and was in the door just before 5pm. It was a huge day, but really enjoyable.

July 2015 Waterous Loop

It was a cold start - 1 degree at 7am, but the forecast was for dry weather. I was on the road by 6.45am, and due to the early start and school holidays, I was in Waroona just after 8am for a coffee. I had a short drive to the Lake Navarino Forest Resort and had a quick look around before hitting the trail at 8.45am. I joined the Trail about 400 m away at the Dam. It was a cold ride down that short steep hill. But the uphill from Samson Brook, only 5 km in, had me sweating. I had to walk some of that - it was steep and long.

At the 2.5km mark, the map appears to show the trail turning to left at T junction with Scarp Rd. However, track goes straight into single track at this intersection, but there is no marker. You can easily see the stop sign for other direction right in front of you.

After Waterous, the Trail also did not follow my map. Instead of following that loop around to join Hoffman Rd then rejoin the Munda Biddi near Hoffman Mill at Cowna Rd, the Trail cut from Willowdale across to Manyup after going around the bauxite conveyor. The map at Lake Navarino Forest resort is accurate so use that - I have posted a picture of it in the gallery.
I stopped at the Waterous on the map, where there are toilets ( I didn't see water though). I think the mill was in this vicinity. I also stopped at the township but there is nothing to see there. I had a break under the giant ferns on Kooyong form as well.

I had a break at Bidjar hut, which was very clean and tidy - even the leaves had been raked up! Well done to who ever is responsible.

The hill out of Nanga was another long tiring climb, especially at the end of a big day. I got lost at one junction not far from Lake Navarino. The marker post was lying there but it was unreadable on the direction. I guessed straight on, but when I hit Scarp Rd 300m later I knew I had to back track and I should have turned left. I will see if I can remove that 600m "detour" out of the map.

I saw lots of kangeroos near Lake Navarino in the morning and lots of emus coming back in the afternoon. I saw a pair of walkers from Adelaide on North Junction Form (they are in my video) and a few four wheel drives in the same area, but otherwise I had the Trail to myself. I was back at my car by about 3.30 pm.

June 2015 Railway Reserves Heritage Trail

Perth was going through its coldest morning of the winter (2 degrees) and parts of the Hills were down to -3 degrees. But my plan was to start the riding the Trail after 9 am, and the forecast was for a fine, sunny day. Although I usually like to ride or catch a train to my start point (the Bellvue RSL), I drove today as I had to drop a daughter to work.

The ride up to John Forrest National Park was easy and uneventful. Once in the Park, I started videoing a fair bit and that slowed me down. The National Park Falls were completely dry, but I think the pools at the tea rooms were still filling up and taking all the recent rainfall. But the Hovea Falls were flowing bit better.

All the bridges in the National Park had been renovated and made a lot safer. The Trail had also been graded and compacted. All the old train line ballast had been either removed or buried and this had made the Trail so much smoother. The Tunnel was still in original condition i.e. pretty rough, but that is good. However, the resurfacing of the Trail had hidden the last visible parts of Deep Creek bridge, and all the signage referring to it has been removed. A shame, but the safer bridges and smoother Trail will attract more riders and walkers.

After leaving the National Park, the riding was all gentle and very nice in the cool conditions. I was surprised to see about 6 cyclists in all on the ride, which was good, especially as it was a week day.

I got some more video at the Mundaring Sculpture Park , then it was nearly all down hill to my start point. I was back at the car by 12.30, so my ride was pretty slow. But that would be a good guide of how long it would take you to ride if you stopped at all the scenic spots.

June 2015 Dwellingup to Dandalup Dam:

I made use of the fine Winter's day yesterday for a Munda Biddi ride. The 40 km ride from Dwellingup to Dandalup Dam was a perfect way to test my route summary sheet (RSS). It worked perfectly, so I navigated the whole ride just using the markers and my RSS. Of course I took the Munda Biddi map as back up, but just didn't need it. It was especially helpful in the permanent realignment area near Deer Rd, as the longest leg without a change in direction was 3 km, so I was glad to know this. The new section doesn't have many markers along the route, and you start wondering if you are on the right track.

I was dropped in Dwellingup about 9am, and the weather was fine but cool - the forecast was about 8-20 degrees. The first couple of km out of town were very nice, especially the old form after crossing the huge power lines.

But later the hills started, and there was a fair bit of gravel. I forgot how much pea gravel is on map 1 and 2, so I was pushing up some of the hills. It didn't help that some parts were chopped up by motorbikes. Many of the single track sections had surveyors tape on bushes, which I think directs the motor bikes down these tracks, so I spent time removing it from the bushes. You may want to do the same.

At Whittaker's Mill, the trail now diverts around the disused camping ground. This is a lot easier than passing through it as it is so overgrown. You can still see the mill foundations from the Trail, so you are not missing much

Also I got to drop in to Dandalup hut - the hut with a fantastic view off the Scarp onto the coastal plain. There are even ocean glimpses! Plus the hut has good mobile phone service.
The Trail then rides across the Dandalup Dam wall, so I had a look there. Once on the other side of the Dam, I rode the sealed road all the way to Dandalup, then into Mandurah train station. It is only 35 km from Dandalup Hut, or 30 km from the Trail! The ride is a bit boring in the middle but it means that you can make your own way home after being dropped on the Trail. Some parts were 100km/hr, but I had taken a tail light and reflective vest to slip on. The road was quiet until I crossed the freeway, and then there was usually a cycle lane, so all was good. 90 minutes after leaving the hut I was on a train home. How good is that?

May 2015 Logue Brook Dam to Dwellingup:

We had planned this ride with 4 riders and a back up driver for a while. You guessed it - the weather on either side of our weekend was perfect, but the forecast for our two days was awful. But it was too hard to change the dates, so we went anyway.

On the drive down it did rain a lot. Luckily we had packed up our gear really well so everything stayed dry in the ute and trailer. We got to Logue Brook Dam about 10.30am on Saturday and went to the cafe at Lake Brockman Tourist park. It was nice and warm by the fire and we all ordered coffees and burgers. It kept raining but as we started to unload it stopped. However it was very windy and very cool - maybe 10 degrees. The ride along the Scarp Rd diversion (see below) was ok - it mainly followed Lake Brockman on a flattish gravel road. The Trail becomes interesting when we turned off Scarp Rd onto Cowna Rd - this was old form with lots of big tree stumps all around.

Just after crossing the gravel Hoffman Rd we turned up along a track next to a farm. Within a kilometre or so, we came to the Hoffman Mill foundations. We stopped there and had an explore. The next feature was the diversion because of mining. We rode under the tunnel and watched some big machinery drive over the top. This diversion is next to Nanga Rd but is often on a windy single track next to it. The first part was up hill for us, then we had a big straight down hill to rejoin the King Jarrah form at the stream - some of us hit 54km/hr going down it. The form is then flat and easy riding to the hut.

We were at the hut just before 3pm, and it had stayed dry the whole ride! So after unpacking we headed down to the stream and waterfall for a look. The weather was still holding out, so we walked out to the King Jarrah, about 1500m up the form, then another 600m in - and mainly a steep uphill walk. But it is worth the effort - it is a great spot and tree to see.

During the night the rain was pretty heavy, but when we left at 8.30am it had stopped. But it wasn't for long. We were on North Junction Form when the rain started. It got pretty heavy, as you can see in the video. The rain was intermittent but heavy when it came, but at least it was lot warmer than yesterday.

The last diversion was easy to follow. Instead of following the old form around Nanga, there is a short steep hill to join the form after going through Nanga.

We stopped at the rangers hut while it poured and chatted with the staff there. Once it stopped we hit the Trail again, but it was soon pouring again. The undulating section into Dwellingup had us walking a couple of hills, but we were in Dwellingup by about 11am. We went to the visitors centre and used the toilets to change. I don't think even swimming in my clothes could have got them wetter! I had to put them into my dry bag to stop them soaking everything else. It was a short walk across to the pub and I was soon feeling a lot better with a Guinness and a curry in my stomach. The pub was packed - walkers, vintage car clubs but only us on bikes ( and no motorcyclists). The drive back to Bayswater was ok, and we were heading home by 4pm. We had done 60km over 2 days with over 70mm of rain. I was glad we got rained on the second day - it was ok knowing that although we were soaked through we would have a hot shower and a warm comfortable bed at the end. It would have been a lot harder if we were at a hut while that wet.

Although the ride was tough it was good to have a wet weather ride for once. We tested out our wet weather gear (raincoats and over shoes just seem to delay getting wet). And it was so much warmer in the hut than last year when it was clear but very cold.

3 diversions:
Munda Biddi was closed for aproximately 9.4km at Logue Brook Dam while the Water Corporation undertakes construction work on the wall. A 9.4km diversion is in operation for Lake Brockman tourist park to Cowna Rd via Scarp Rd
2. The southern 5.9km of King Jarrah Form is closed due to an expansion of Alcoa's mining operations. A 4.4km diversion of the Trail alongside Nanga Road is in place.
3. The Munda Biddi Trail has been permanently realigned at Nanga. Approximately 2.1km of Trail have been permanently closed as shown on the map

3/1/15 Denmark to Cosy Corner

(We are in Denmark for our annual week's break. I plan on riding the last of the Munda Biddi from Jinung to Albany, and the Denmark Nornalup Heritage trail in stages while I am here. Most rides are in 2014 diary.)

It was a group ride from Denmark to Hay River, leaving Denmark at about 7.30 am The weather was fine an about 18 degrees for a maximum of 26. Everyone turned round by Hay River as I continued on to Cosy Corner. The ride up Keith Rd does give you occasionally river glimpses and there are numerous litle tracks to get to the river. However, after that Hunwick Rd and Sleeman Rd is abit boring, so I have occasionally ridden the highway for 5 km to save doing 14 km.

You then rejoin the rail trail next to the South Coast Highway for abit, which is good. Then you cross the highway and ride into Youngs Siding on the Lower Denmark Rd. This road is generally quiet and has a good gravel shoulder. Youngs Siding is worth a stop as it has a general store with snacks, drinks, newspapers etc. There is intermittent phone service here - I had to send my SMS's a couple of times before they were successfully sent.

The old rail trail around Tennessee was a bit hard to follow in parts. There was one junction of 5 tracks and not a single markers for either direction! My track notes will take the guess work out.

The loop around Hortons (Bornholm Rd, Rosedale Rd, Kronkup Rd) is nothing special. It is all gravel road, it is hilly and I believe there is old rail trail on the South of the Lower Denmark Rd. I hope that the rail trail is opened up in the near future and the Munda Biddi is rerouted along that route.The hills are not too bad but I was travelling unloaded - it is a bit more painful when you are fully loaded.

I have also tracked in my ride notes how to get to Cosy Corner by staying off the busier roads. A lot of riders break Map 9 in two by overnighting here. At Cosy Corner is a cafe about 1 km from the beach with apartment type accommodation attached. The cafe serves very good meals, but is a bit expensive. Eat your own snacks if you want, but I was happy to pay $30 for a gourmet burger with chips, salad and a smoothie. There is good phone service here.

If you continue down the road, the beach is at the end of the road. There are toilets, an outdoor shower, bbq, table & chairs etc. There is supposed to be no camping here. The camping is at Cosy Corner East, which is a dirt road half way between the cafe and the beach. I did not go and have a look, but the map says it is about 0.5 km away.

Well that is my last ride to track the entire Munda Biddi. I got the idea for this website on our holidays last Christmas (Jan 2014), and committed to doing it by March 2014. I started my first ride in April 2014, so by 3/1/15 I had ridden it all again in sections, recording my notes, tracking my ride and taking heaps of photos. The website went live Nov 2014, and should be fully complete by Feb 2015.

After 10 days of Denmark temperatures in the mid twenties (degrees Celsius) we had a hot day on the drive home. Denmark was forecast 34 (it was 28 at 10am when we left), Walpole was 32 at 11am, Northcliffe and Pemberton were 38, and Donnybrook was 40! Perth reached 44 today! Not a great day to ride.

This page is the property of Follow My Ride, a website detailing off road cycle tracks near Perth and in Western Australia.