Listen here whipper snapper...I have been riding the Munda Biddi for over a decade, when it stopped in Dwellingup and the maps were made of paper, not this new-fangled tear-proof, water-proof stuff! But seriously, my first multi day was a lot tougher than I expected, and I rode at totally the wrong time of year (January, mid Summer). That experience put me off riding the Trail for another 4 years! I did return to it, and rode it all, but I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did. I kept a diary of my rides with detailed notes on the route, conditions, distance ridden, times etc. I found lots of other riders were asking for my advice, so the idea of this website was born in Jan 2014. I have re-ridden the entire Trail in stages in 2014 while tracking my route on GPS and taking detailed notes of all the track markers, track conditions and taken lots of photos. I am doing it again in 2015 & 2106, this time from South to North. I think this info will help you with your Munda Biddi ride.
I am not an elite cyclist, a fabulous navigator, a great photographer or a tech head. I do find myself "located between two known points" (you might use the word "lost"). I often over estimate my abilities and try to ride too far in a day. I am over weight, I get a sore back and am middle aged. I usually photograph and video using my phone. What I do have is:
- Plenty of experience (I bought my first MTB in 1985 and started riding around the Perth Hills then)
- Local knowledge (I have been exploring WA by bike and motorbike for 30 years)
- Map reading experience (20 years in the Army Reserve and 12 years with SES)
- Munda Biddi riding experience (I have documented over 70 days on the trail since 2004).
- I also like to record my rides in diary and data form, as well as take lots of photos and video.
- The Munda Biddi Trail is almost in my backyard, so I can jump on it many weekends a year.
By putting it all together I came up with this website. If I can ride the Munda Biddi Trail, so can you.
Please keep in mind that I work on Follow My Ride in my spare time. This means I am unable to help with things like info on current diversions (click here for current diversions), up-to-date opening hours, transport timetables etc. I may also take a couple of days to respond to any emails, but I am sure you have not left your enquiry to the last minute!